Tuesday 8 March 2011

marie antoinette inspired dress - part 3

Front of dress
Side view
Back of dress

Well as promised heres a few photos of the dress in-progress

As you can see i've got all of the pattern pieces sewn together, in part at least, the bodice is ewn together with arm sewn on, with stomacher pinned in place, the skirt is pleated and pinned in place, the petticoat is gathered and sewn in place (edit- when fitting it on my model we had a slight.....erm.....well mass ungathering and the whole skirt ungathered, my model got a bit carried away enjoying posing for photos wearing the dress, so now i have to find a more secure way of gathering about 4 metres of fabric, more research needed me thinks), sack back is pleated and pinned to the back

Having it all pinned at least gives me a decent idea of what work i still have to do before its really wearable, for example i think i'm going to add some sort of decoration down the front, and around the bottom of the skirt, perhaps little bows? I think it just needs a little something for aesthetic value.

next up will be photos of my fitting on my model when i figure out how to get them from my camera onto my computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment