Thursday 10 March 2011

marie antoinette inspired dress - part 4

well here we go as promised, a few teaser photos taken during my test fitting on my model! since i now have my very first follower (hi martine!) i thought it's time i started posting things when i promise i will, instead of my usual rambling promises and losing track of time and forgetting.

so here we go, a few photos of my model test fitting, the dress is still in the same condition as it was on the mannequin, the smaller sections sewn together (eg. bodice is all sewn together, skirt pleated, petticoat gathered......well sort of......you'll notice the petticoat is worn in some of these photos but not others as we had a mass-ungathering problem when my model got a bit over exited!)


Full body photo (try to visualise it being worn with paniers, the skirt looks quite flat here, it's fully pleated to be worn for lots of volume but really needs paniers as the fabric is not very stiff and so doesn't really look as i intended it to)


front/side view (arms definately need to be adjusted, they're intended to be quite fitted but my model has much slimmer arms than i guesstimated)



Back view, showing the pleated sack back i incorported, i'm quite proud of this bit, i had no idea how to patterndraft it so just guessed once i'd finished the back and fitted it to the space between the shoulders (it involved lots of pleating and pinned and rather a lot of swearing loudly but i figured it out eventually!)

These were photos taken for my sketchbook for university, to document the development of the dress from fabric to a full garment, they were supposed to be professional looking photos, but i loved my model enjoying wearing the dress so much that i got a bit carried away taking photos.
To quote my model to the letter 'ohhh its for flashing (refering to the open front of the dress after she managed to ungather all of my gathering) quick quick take a picture of me flashing!'






No comments:

Post a Comment